Luger P08

The Luger was developed from the Borchardt C93 by Georg Luger at the German DWM works. Several variants were produced leading to the Luger P08 model, which was adopted by the German Army in 1908. The P08 fired the 9mm parabellum cartridge.
The Luger retains the Borchardt’s jointed arm (or knee joint) to lock the breech. When the gun is fired, the barrel and breech recoil within the pistol frame until the toggle handle rides up an inclined ramp on the frame. This breaks the lock , allowing the breech to open and eject the spent cartridge.

Leave a Reply